Monday, December 31, 2007

a new year tag :)

taken from suki's blog... liked this tag, so did it myself

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

I turned 20..now that's what I never did before :P On a serious note, I did a few new things, and they were real good, that's all I'll say ;)
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't actually. Because I had resolved never to make a resolution, but I ended up making one for 2008..which happens to be "drink more water" ..for more information, read my previous post.. :P
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

None of my friends , thankfully. Relatives.. I dunno..might have, but they aren't exactly close, so I don't know and don't care :P
4. Did anyone close to you die?

My maternal grandfather did, at 92...may his soul rest in peace ( if it isn't already).
5. What places did you visit?

No trips to new places this year ,sadly, with me busy with college admission etc.Looking forward to a short trip that's probable in January.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

Less violence, more cleanliness ( in my city I mean,my home isn't that bad yet :P)
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

9th March (I got patched up) 8th May( I was 20 ) 5th November (er...for something nice..remember 9th march? ;) )
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Completing Max Payne 2 in 4 days without any help..now THAT'S something :D
For those who do not appreciate PC games...well...I was satisfied with almost everything I did in 2007...that should be SOME achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?

I don't remember any such thing :( That's a failure for sure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Excluding the bump on the head and the scratch on the hand that happens twice a day, no. Stupid question actually. Would have been easier to answer if it were "Did you suffer serious illness or injury?".
11. What was the best thing you bought?

A couple of very comfortable jackets, one made of cord the other made of wool.Actually all the clothes I bought deserve to feature in this list.Also a couple of books - short stories by Anton Chekhov and Zola.Nothing very special about them except the fact that they were the first things I bought for myself out of my own earnings.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Long list. Plenty of people made me happy this year, myself inclusive.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?

Long list again, but shorter than the earlier one I am sure.
14. Where did most of your money go?

To restaurants, bookstores and bus conductors.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I got excited about falling in love, with a couple of people ( don't get it wrong ;).One of them is me.The excitement continues.). AND, also about my upgraded PC - a new flat screen monitor, core 2 duo processor, 1 GB RAM, a DVD writer. Sounds yum? ;)
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

You are my theme for a dream by Cliff Richard. I can't exactly justify why. Something to do with love and happiness I suppose, at a personal level. 2007 made me happy.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?

Happier and sadder. Happier because I put certain things right and am better equipped to meet the future. Sadder because the new year did not start with a happy bang. Its just like any other time of year. Also I will miss a someone for a while, till he returns. :)
18. Thinner or fatter?

A bit fatter where you button your jeans, but overall, not much of a change. Wait a minute, you WERE asking about me right?
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?

I wish I had done more of doing nothing. Lethargy is delicious . :P Jokes apart, I might have done more of writing, but that's OK.I can write now.
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?

I wish I had done less of staying online. But nowadays ( since December that it ) I do not stay online all that much, so that problem has been taken care of.
21. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it eating pieces of a fruitcake, watching Chicago from a DVD, playing scrabble and a silly game called "fruit smash" with my darling dad and mom, and missing my boyfriend whom i had met on 24th and would meet on 26th. :P
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?

I think I said this before. I fall in love with something or the other every day anyway. :P Well OK, yeah I DID fall in love. But that fall didn't hurt.
23. How many one night stands?

I never made out (or made love) at night yet :P Have I missed something? :P And well, when I DO make out ( or make love) at night, that's NOT going to be a one night stand :D The idea of doing that stuff standing doesn't quite feel appealing ;)
24. What was your favourite TV programme?

Er, I watched a maximum of half an hour of TV a day this year, when they aired the news. So its easy to guess whats my favourite TV programme.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No. I had plenty of chances but no time to hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?

This year I was all into thrillers. Doctors by Eric Segal, PD James thrillers are among the many I liked.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I started liking, and ended up liking Evanescence and Linking park. Also stumbled upon Poets of the Fall and LFO and loved both.
28. What did you want and get?

Happiness, a great boyfriend, the Internet at home...and many other things. My father makes sure I get things I want, things he can get me that is.
29. What did you want and not get?

An answer to this question.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?

Didn't watch too many films of my taste this year. watched a few Bollywood and Hollywood flicks that proved to be nice entertainment but not intellectually fulfilling. The latest Feluda movie wasn't good enough to be my favourite either.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I cut a strawberry cake my boyfriend got me, ate almost a third of it, wore a new shirt my parents got me, ate yummy dishes my mother cooked. I turned 20.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More love, less violence. Tears of joy, not of grief.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Casual? Alternative? Nope, I'll call it "whatever, but cool"
34. What kept you sane?

My bathroom (think about it, without your bathroom chances are that you will go crazy).
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I saw a video of Alizee and fell in love with her. Don't remember liking anyone else that much.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?

There were plenty. Rizwanur, Nandigram etc. Its a shame but none really stirred me . I was more prone to give a reaction like "oh..sigh..."
37. Who did you miss?

No one, excluding my boyfriend at times. I will be missing more of him since he'll be out of town from tomorrow till 5th January or so.
38. Who was the best new person you met?

My boyfriend, if you are strictly talking about new persons.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

Life is maths and communication is its formula.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Has to be this ( as stated earlier ) -
You are my theme for a dream Yes you are,
a rare and lovely theme (you're a theme for a dream)
The dreams I dream day and night
That your arms are holding me so tight (you're a theme for a dream)
When I dream I kiss you (kiss you)
Music fills with starlight (starlight)
Every time I touch you ( when I touch you)
Each and every time a chime rings out I love you
Only you for ever more
cause you're my theme for a dream
Yes you are a rare and lovely theme (you're my theme for a dream)
So, angel please say that you love me too
And make my dreams come true dream (you're my theme for a dream)
When I dream I kiss you (kiss you)
Music fills with starlight (starlight)
Every time I touch you ( when I touch you)
Each and every time a chime rings out I love you
Only you for ever more
cause you're my theme for a dream
Yes you are a rare and lovely theme (you're my theme for a dream)
So, angel please say that you love me too
And make my dreams come true dream
And make my dreams come true
Please make my dreams come true.

No comments: